Its important to stick to the Ayahuasca Dieta for as long as you can before your Ayahuasca ceremony. As the medicine will try to clean your body out first before you can receive some of the deeper more powerful healing teachings.
To put it bluntly, if you eat a lot of junk and unhealthy food, you will be doing a lot of extra purging, and who wants that? Also, by abstaining to the Dieta you are showing your commitment and determination to heal with Ayahuasca and the other master plants, its a sacrifice, and shows them the respect and dedication you wish to have during your healing process, which is essential for this work.
Four Weeks prior to ceremony:
- Psychoactive medications
three Weeks prior to ceremony:
- Any kind of anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medication SSRI’s, SNRI’s, DRI’s etc..
Two Weeks prior to ceremony:
- Sexual activities of any kind, including masturbation
- ALL street drugs (cocaine, MDMA, amphetamines, etc.) – obligatory for your safety and for the possible energetic impact on other guests
- Spicy foods (hot spicy)
- Ice, ice cream, or ice cold drinks
One Week prior to ceremony:
- Any foods that contain Tyramine's
- Red meat
- Animal fats (lard, etc.)
- Carbonated drinks (including diet sodas, energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer)
- Dairy products
- Fermented foods
- Caffeine & other stimulants (ween off slowly to avoid headaches)
- Junk foods
- Salt or spices, (mostly stimulating spices, especially nutmeg)
- Sweets or chocolate
- Oils (olive or coconut oil very sparingly, if you must)
* Please let us know if you taking any medication or vitamin supplements on your intake form.
* Try to continue to stay on the Dieta 1-2 weeks after if you can, it will very much help your integration process with the medicine.
- Ayahuasca is not compatible with pregnancy.
- Try to avoid synthetic soaps, perfumes, make-up, bug spray, lotion, toiletries, etc..
Try to enjoy the process and be mindful for what comes up for you during this; which foods you may be gravitating towards in times of stress, or for needing comfort in.. enjoy it and have some fun with it!
Be kind to yourself. If you slip and eat something which you said you wouldn’t – forgive yourself, but try to accomplish your goal, nevertheless. Often times, it’s not about what you eat or don’t eat, but the intention you have and the sacrifice you are making to Mother Ayahuasca and your healing process by keeping your body as clean as you can.
A clean body invites a clean spirit, and sets the stage for deeply healing work. The basic guidelines here are to exclude harmful and unhealthy things from your diet and start eating plenty of raw fruits and vegetables, drinking lots of water. Avoid highly processed foods & try to cleanse your body as much as possible with epsom salt baths, skin brushing, massage & juice or colon cleanses weeks prior to rid as many toxins out of your body as possible.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to help you.